Alabama Civil Justice Foundation
The Blackwell Law firm participates in the Alabama Civil Justice Foundation (ACJF). The ACJF is a charitable foundation created by Alabama attorneys. The ACJF provides grants to local organizations serving communities throughout Alabama.
For many years, the ACJF has provided financial assistance to community groups that serve disadvantaged, disabled, and at risk, families and children. These community groups perform valuable work in Huntsville, Decatur, Athens, and other communities across northern Alabama. Our firm is grateful for the opportunity to participate. Beyond contributions, firm attorneys Jeff Blackwell and Jennifer McKown have both presented prior ACJF grants to local Huntsville community groups. It is exciting to present a grant to worthwhile local causes on behalf of the ACJF. We plan to continue supporting ACJF in the future with both our financial and time contributions.
The following are a few of the important local community groups who have received ACJF grants in recent years:
- Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Child Advocacy Center of Marshall County
- Decatur City Schools Foundation
- Hope Place Family Resource Center
- Alabama Network of Family Resource Centers
- Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, Inc.
- Legal Services of Alabama
- Parents and Children Together, Decatur
- Safeplace, Inc. (Florence)
- CASA of Madison County
- CASA of Florence/Lauderdale County Alabama
- Lawrence County Red Cross
- Athens-Limestone County Family Resource Center